Home / Logical Reasoning / Statement and Argument :: Discussion

Discussion :: Statement and Argument

1. Directions : Following question consists of a statement followed by three arguments I, II and III . You have to decide which of the arguments is a STRONG arguments and which is a WEAK Argument.

Statement : Should all the students graduating in any discipline desirous of pursuing post-graduation of the subjects of their choice be allowed to enrol in the post-graduate courses?

Arguments :
    I. Yes. The students are the best judge of their capabilities and there should not be restrictions for joining post-graduate courses.
    II. No. The students need to study relevant subjects in graduate courses to enrol in post-graduate courses and the students must fulfil such conditions.
    III. No. There are not enough institutes offering post-graduate courses which can accommodate all the graduates desirous of seeking post-graduate education of their own choice.

2. A.

None is strong

B.

Only I and II are strong

C.

All are strong

D.

Only I and III are strong

E.

None of these

View Answer

Workspace

Answer : Option E

Explanation :

Only argument II is strong. The students cannot be enrolled in the courses just on the basis of their interests, but their compatibility with the same also matters. So, I does not hold. Besides, lack of institutes is no criteria to deny post-graduate courses to students. So, argument III also does not hold. II provides a genuine reason and thus holds strong.

Be The First To Comment