Home / Logical Reasoning / Statement and Argument :: Discussion

Discussion :: Statement and Argument

1. Statement: Should all the students graduating in any discipline desirous of pursuing post-graduation of the subjects of their choice be allowed to enrol in the post-graduate courses?

Arguments:

1. Yes. The students are the best judge of their capabilities and there should not be restrictions for joining post-graduate courses.
    2. No. The students need to study relevant subjects in graduate courses to enrol in post-graduate courses and the students must fulfil such conditions.
    3. No. There are not enough institutes offering post-graduate courses which can accommodate all the graduates desirous of seeking post-graduate education of their own choice.

2. A.
    None is strong
    B.
    Only I and II are strong
    C.
    All are strong
    D.
    Only I and III are strong
    E.
    None of these

View Answer

Workspace

Answer : Option E

Explanation :

Only argument II is strong. The students cannot be enrolled in the courses just on the basis of their interests, but their compatibility with the same also matters. So, I does not hold. Besides, lack of institutes is no criteria to deny post-graduate courses to students. So, argument III also does not hold. II provides a genuine reason and thus holds strong.

Be The First To Comment